I really need to be more consistent with these blog posts.
But really, it’s not like anyone really reads them anyway, I’m sure. Sometimes I write these blogs and I’m like, who really is going to care about the “10 things I miss about UWSP”?
Honestly? I write these blogs because I have nothing better to do. Since graduating, I have way too much free time on my days off.
I’m going to be honest, adult life sucks and it has not been an easy transition moving to Tennessee. Since I’m no longer a student, no longer consumed by schoolwork and such, no longer have my community of friends at hand for whenever I need the support, or my family at that matter, I’ve lost myself in this big messy pile of life. I don’t know if others can relate but I’m struggling to find my purpose here. My whole life so far, I’ve been working towards something. Working to achieve that diploma, that internship, that degree, that job…Now that I’ve done those things, I’m having a hard time figuring what that next step is and I feel like an extremely lost 22 year old.
So as a way to move forward I’m going to attempt something different..
I’m a checklist person. I work to achieve things just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing it off my list. Nothing brings me more joy than completing a to-do list. So as a way to help me “find myself” in a sense (as cheesy as that sounds) I decided to make a 30 before 30 checklist as a way to try new things, discover new skills, meet new people, and give me something to do on the weekends.
So, here’s my list…
- Learn how to play guitar
- Travel out of the country
- Volunteer/become involved in the community
Take a class for fun
- Adopt a dog and train it myself
- Learn a new craft
- Read every book in the bible
- Submit something for publication
- Sell a something that I’ve created
- Take a spontaneous road trip
- Hike all of the trails in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park
- Learn how to cook
- Run a half marathon
Live in a new state for a year Go to a Packer Game
- Join a club/organization
- Become a mentor/coach
- Go to a headliner concert
- Go on another mission trip
- Get baptized
- Face my biggest fear (figure out what that is first)
- Buy a house
Learn how to work a camera and take a good picture
- Become certified in something
- Build something from scratch
- Dye my hair/get another tattoo
- Go backpacking
- Read all of the Harry Potter books
- Pay off student loans
- Figure out the one thing that I’m passionate about and pursue that
Some are easier than others but I think it’s a good start. Stay tuned, because I’m going to post about them as I cross these off of my list.
Hopefully this will help guide me in some type of direction rather than this standstill that I’m at right now…
Wish me luck and if anyone else has any suggestions or experiences they’ve had that I should try, let me know! Open to any ideas and willing to challenge myself. I don’t know, maybe this list is stupid but you have to start somewhere, right? So I’m going to start with this list.